Keep telling yourself you haven’t got a problem with social media? Convinced that this post is for other people and certainly not you? Hmm, I’m sure there were many first reactions of “what me?” Well let’s see.
1. The first thing you do on waking, before your eyes have even adjusted to the glare of the screen, is check your social media.
2. The house is in total chaos. Who needs cooked dinners? Also, ironed shirts are overrated.
3. You’ve made friends online that you spend more time chatting to than your real life friends.
4. Got a spare five minutes? You check Instagram, Facebook, twitter etc. instead of doing anything else on that ridiculous long to-do list that appears to have grown somewhat since you started signing up to all these social media sites.
5. You get irritated with your ___ (insert kids, husband, friends, dog) if they interrupt you when you’re scrolling. Damn it, can’t they see you’re scrolling?
6. Your phone connects automatically to the Wi-Fi at every coffee shop within a five-mile radius of home.
7. You mistakenly introduce yourself as your blog, Instagram or Twitter name without a blink of the eye.
8. The thought of a social media detox brings you out in a cold sweat.
9. EVERY opportunity is a photo opportunity.
10. The last thing you do before going to sleep is check your social media.
Still think you’re not addicted? Could stop if you needed to? I’ll be honest, the first title to this post was “Five Sure Signs You Are Addicted to Social Media.” That shockingly quickly became ten! Any others you would add? I’ve got heaps more (including double tapping Facebook!) but thought twenty may cause some concern amongst my readers and possibly be a reason for me being certified! Obviously, if my children are reading this, none of these apply to me in any shape or form so get off of your phones … just saying!